The Faculty of Veterinary Medicine in Wroclaw has received a status of Leading National Research Center with other different institutions from Wrocław:
- University of Wrocław: the Faculty of Biotechnology and the Faculty of Chemistry,
- Wroclaw University of Science and Technology: the Faculty of Chemistry,
- Ludwik Hirszfeld Institute of Immunology and Experimental Therapy of Polish Academy of Sciences,
- Wroclaw University of Environmental and Life Sciences: the Faculty of Biology and Animal Science, the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine and the Faculty of Food Science,
- Regional Specialist Hospital in Wroclaw, Centre for Research and Development.
The consortium of Wrocław Center for Biotechnology has received the status of the Leading National Research Center (KNOW) for the years 2014-2018. The interdisciplinary nature of the consortium enables comprehensive and wide spectrum of scientific research enforcement and implementation (“from idea to industry”). The involvement of all consortium representatives allows to perform complex scientific research in the range of biotechnology, chemistry, immunology and biomedicine, medicine and veterinary as well as food and nutrition sciences. Strict cooperation of consortium partners ensures synergism of activities, added value achievement which is essential in order to ensure high effectiveness of an application of basic research results in new technologies creation and knowledge transfer to industry